Sunday, September 15, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 037 - Home - Village

This is week 37 of K3N Cloth Tales Slow Stitching challenge.  This week was the prompt was HOME.  

I not thrilled about the location I live now - downtown in a large city. I love my apartment.

So, I decided to create my ideal home.  A small village. Starting on the north end there are railroad tracks because I love to hear the train but not too close. On the right is a paddock where horses live.  Next, south of the horses is a field of wheat. Across the road is the start of the row of houses which live along the lake. They have dark roofs. There has to be water so I can photograph birds. 

At the cross roads is a small park with a tree and flowers. East of the park is a bit of woodland. My place faces the park with a fence, flowers, a tree and a vegetable garden behind the building. East of there is a field of sunflowers. That will bring birds and pollinators.  South of my place is my neighbor with a fenced yard with a few fruit trees along the fence. 

To the west across the lane is the commercial district with a church, a library and a grocery store with a gas station. There is a large parking lot. Everything is within walking distance.  My car is parked in front of my house.  Writing about it now I realize that my house would face north west so maybe the house needs to be rotated a bit. We'll see when the plans are drawn up. 

This project was a lot of stitching but I loved creating it.  I used liquid acrylic ink to paint my roofs then stitched around them.  Trees with French Knots, parking lot with grey running stitches,bit of satin stitch for the cars in the parked there, seeds stitches in blue for the lake, green seed stitch for lawn, and on it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.