Friday, September 6, 2024

Stitching - Embellishment of Linen Coasters

I am working on ideas to embellish the linen coasters I made last year as I did not sell one set.

I found some lace in my stash and the pattern fit nicely on across the coaster.

I used lemon yellow embroidery thread and stitched it along the edge and did French Knots in the center of each flower.  

I added the lace to both in this set. 

Is rick rack too tacky? Double sided might work but again thicker than I would like. Single sided?



Here are a few things I am trying to see if they will work for the embellishing of the coasters.

I just did needling weaving on my slow stitch challenge but that is too much with trying to keep both sides pretty.

The yellow is just doing a bit of embroidery but I need to not pierce through the coaster.  I am investigating simple blackwork stitches.

I am looking at felt but it just does not feel like the same level of material for linen plus it is quite thick and would likely have to be strategically place not to interfere with your drinking vessel on the coaster.

I will post my progress as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.