The frame is not standard size at 13.75"W x 10"T which meant cutting a custom mat. I chose a medium grey linen card stock and cut it to size. I measured 1.5" from the edges and penciled in the hole on the back. I cut it with an x-acto knife and metal edge ruler. The opening is 10.75W x 7.00 T.
The letters were cut with the Cricut from the same card stock. The cartridge I selected is Base Camp which provides a basic roman letter. It is not mono spaced so more calculating had to be done to determine the size of the letters. I cut the name at 2.25 inches. The date was cut at 1.75 inches. I chose a piece of yellow card stock that matched the frame nicely and adhered behind the grey mat. I then adhered the letters and numbers with quick dry adhesive which has a very small pointed applicator which works well for small pieces.
I found the giraffe graphic on CLKER. I changed the colors to suit this project. I decided to have a Dad, Mom and baby giraffe. I placed those to leave room for the heart. I placed a line on the bottom to give the images context. I sized the image based on the space available in the middle and I color printed the central panel on a piece of vellum 4.25x 11 then clear embossed it. I punched the heart from the same card stock and adhered it. This has adhesive behind it to stick it to the yellow card stock. The ends were tucked under the grey mat and taped down.
The glass and backer were added and it was placed in the frame. It looks great!!!
I was asked to update the vellum. This is the final version after a couple of versions.