Sunday, October 2, 2016

Mats for Fabric Art



I created some card stock mats for fabric art made by my friend Ada.  The clip frames are 3.5 x 5 inches which is a standard size.  I was able to cut the hole in the center with a die from the Spellbinders Nestabilities Card Creator Dies - A2 Matting Basics B.  I chose card stock which coordinated with the colors in the art.  Textured green card stock on the top left and felt finish card stock in eggplant on the top right. Bazzil Great Lakes textured on the bottom left and Stampin Up Soft Suede on bottom right. I trimmed the piece of card stock down to the right size after I had die cut the hole in the center.  With the lines on my cutting board I could measure even spaces all around and cut with an x-acto knife.  I like that fact that the die leaves a narrow embossed layer which add a bit of something more to the mat.

She is a fellow artist who will be participating in the Mission Possible sale on November 4-5th.  Check my events page for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.