Monday, October 31, 2016

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 4 - A Bridge to the King

We prepared Blessings Bags for the homeless as our activity in today's class.  I handed out large ziplock bags and a list last week and the girls returned with their purchases to fill them at the end of our class.

You can find the list I put together for this class on my Freebies page.  You will find the Blessings Bag note there as well. Feel free to use in your project.
http://smdgreetings.blogspot.ca/p/freebies.html


I chose gloves, tuque, soap and a washcloth in a separate baggie, candy, hot chocolate, a pencil and notebook, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste.

We included a note to the recipient in each of our bags.

We put together 8 bags which were handed over to our Street Ministry team at church to be handed out to those in need.


I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 6 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.

This week's lesson is from Esther.  She was a Jew but lived in the palace with the king.  Her uncle challenges her. "Don't think for a moment that because you are in the palace you will escape when all other Jews are killed."  We are the ones living inside the gate.  If not us then who will help.  You've got to use the life you have been given to give others life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.