Monday, October 17, 2016

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 2 - Climbing Up

One of the activities suggested for this lesson was Christmas cards.

That was right up my alley.  These cards feature a vellum layer which has a large greeting which I found on a free vector image site.  I modified it to my needs.  I added a earth to the bottom edge of the vellum. It is a map of North America which I found at Brian Jones Design.  As you can see I`m just using the very top of the image.  I added my own Bethlehem star in the top right hand corner. This design was printed on a quarter sheet of vellum in a light grey color which was them embossed with silver powder. It was then trimmed to 3.75x5 inches.

The snowflake designer paper by Recollections - Michaels was cut to leave a small border and adhered to a royal blue textured card.  The vellum is adhered with 2 tiny pewter brads in the bottom corners and a large dove brad over the word Peace.
This card features a gold embossed vellum layer with vintage gold tiny brads and the same white dove brad.  I chose a warm brown card.

The designer paper is American Crafts - Kringle & Co. - Lighting Department.  This is the back side.

I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 6 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.

The lesson this week features Jacob and a dream he had of climbing a very long ladder trying to get to heaven.  People keep trying to do enough good, climb enough steps, haul up enough rungs to finally pull their whole weary selves all the long, impossible way up to heaven. But the thing is, we live in a fallen world and we have a tendency to fall of imaginary ladders. We don`t have to strive up ladders because Jesus came down to us. What if every time you looked at a Christmas tree you saw a bit of a ladder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.