Monday, October 24, 2016

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 3 - Candle in the Darkness

The activity suggested this week was to light a candle and pray for those who are hurting. Thank God for being the Light of the world.

I chose a tea light in glass holder for the reminder to be the light in our dark world.  I chose a flameless battery powered candle to avoid any safety issues. The glass tea holder is from IKEA.

I printed a prayer list to glue into our journals.

I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 6 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week. 

This week the reading was from Isaiah saying the people who walk in darkness will see a great light.

Soon it will be time for advent wreaths with candles glowing.  Is yours ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.