Thursday, October 20, 2016

Card Fronts Relayered #3

This is another church card.  The frame with the clear centre is one from Photo Elements.  I placed the music sheet with O Little Town of Bethlehem behind it and created a graphic I could use in my layout software.
I added the greeting in red at the top of the card front and a script font.  The leaves for the red flower were added too.
The card front was color printed.
The red silk flower was added to the bottom right hand corner with a gold sequin and a gold tiny brad.
This card front was trimmed and layered onto a red new card base.







This is a card I designed from an advent class several years ago.

I trimmed the card front and layered it onto a new navy blue card base which matched the navy scallop oval in the centre of the card.








Another church card.
I designed the large greeting with fonts.
I added the faded green oval background and printed it on white card stock.
The flower is made of 2 confetti daisies held in place with a white tiny brad.

This card front was trimmed and layered onto a new red card base.  A new insert was added and it's ready to give again.



Not all the cards donated come to me in good shape. Sometimes the card back has been punched with holes because the recipient put it on their bulletin board, so the front is salvaged and re-layered.  Sometime only the card front arrives, again it likely can be re-layered.  Sometimes the card front was not assembled very well, the elements may not be glued on straight, maybe there is glue residue where it should not be, or some other aspect that makes the card front not able to be re-used.  It happens.  I give a second life to as many as I can.

As I reviews cards and kits I have made years ago I am amazed at how many I have done.  Christmas is my favorite time of year and I don't need a big excuse to participate in it at any level.  Cards have been a natural go to for me for a long time. Sending paper cards is in decline.  I'm working on digital Christmas cards.  I made some last year and have to design new ones for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.