Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tea for One - Going Away Gift

I'm saying till later to a good friend this week as she moves back east for a new job.

I created a tea related gift for her.  This is a placemat made from pansy fabric on one side and a purple one (her favorite color) on the back, though it is completely reversible.  I sewed the green twill tape to the front piece then sewed the 2 pieces together.  I turned it inside out and and "quilted" it along the edges and the trim.



I included a purple napkin which matches the back side of the placemat.  It is a good match to the purple in the pansy fabric which is why I selected it.



 
I did say Tea for One.

This tea set is by MAXWELL & WILLIAMS Basic White Porcelain Tea-for-One Set.  It includes a tea pot, tea cup and saucer.  I love the simple design of this combination.  It works well with the pansy fabric.







I included a box of her favorite Jasmine Green Tea.



I will miss our brainstorming sessions about crafts, small business challenges and life always with a cup of tea.

Here's the card I made.  It features a piece of watercolor paper which measures 4x6 inches. I added a piece of silver paper cut with the Stampin Up Large Scallop edgelit.  I wrapped several lengths of ribbon across the top and added 3 silk flowers held with a flower sequin and a blue brad.  I added a bird punched with the SU Bird punch. He is sitting on a turquoise branch.  This was layered onto a large half sheet card with a turquoise sentiment layer and onto a purple card base.

I will be sharing with the following:

Tuesday Cuppa Tea hosted by Ruth at Antiques and Tea Cups
Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea
Share Your Cup #221 hosted by Jan at Daily Cup with Mrs Olson

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! Your friend is lucky to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a special gift that reminds her of you! Lovely. Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, what a beautiful gift! Besides being talented and skilled, you must also be very thoughtful to come up with such a wonderful, personalized gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.