Sunday, March 15, 2015

Card - Canary in a Bird Cage

I made 2 of these cards for my monthly card exchange because when I send my cards at the beginning at the month I made a mistake.

I created the background for the bird cage with the Watercolor Smooching technique.  Here's a link to the tutorial I found on line.  I used an acrylic plate, dye ink pads and light watercolor paper.

I cut the bird cage at 4" with the Cricut and the Straight from the Nest cartridge from blue card stock.  I cut the bird from yellow card stock to make it a canary.  It adhered over the blue one cut with the cage.  I took the swirl from the bottom edge of the cage to create a hanger.  I added a bit of a link between it and the cage with a marker.

Submitting this card to the following:
Come and Get It Challenges - Make your own Background

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, great background work for your card!

    Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.