Saturday, March 7, 2015

Card - St. Patrick's Day Birthday

I made these two cards for a friend who requested special cards for a relative that celebrates her birthday on March 17th.  I started with the Spellbinder A2 Ribbon Threader die which cut some DSP by Echo Park - For the Record2 - Damask - this is the flip side.  It gave me some illusion of movement with it's diagonal lines.  I trimmed the holes at the bottom of the die which here is the right hand side.  I then found this wonderful soft green image of a shamrock wreath to which I added the greeting then color printed it.  I added notches on the corners with a punch.  I had some mint colored seam binding which was too clear a color for the rest of the card so I colored it with Tim Holtz Bundled Sage Distress Stain to give it some warmth in color.  I ran one length through the slots and taped the ends to the back.  Then, I pulled a second piece through behind the first one and tied a nice soft bow.  I found a card in the coordinating green but it still needed something.  I decided to add a layer of DSP by Basic Grey - Porcelain - Chintz which supported the warm greens in the rest of the card.  This layer was adhered to the card, then the ribbon threader then the wreath was added with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.