Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Mosaic #30

Another visit to the Muttart Conservatory.  It is refreshing to see flowers blooming in the midst of winter.

I visited all four pyramids. The feature is still set up for Chinese New Year - the year of the Ram. That is where the water fountain was set up.  From a bit of research it is a steel cup cascading water fountain.  There was a pink/purple peace lily. In the tropical pyramid the waterfall ends in a pond where I found 3 large Koi fish. There were many orchids, the one I chose is the boat orchid (cymbidium). The small white and blue and the lavender I did not take note of their names. After checking Veronica's post this week I was reminded that the lavender flower is a Lenten Rose. The small white and blue still don't know it's name.

Submitting this to Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely images from your visit to the Conservatory.. The flowers are beautiful and I love the fountain and the colorful koi fish. Wonderful mosaic, have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cascading waterfall and the spring flowers, it is nice to see some colour in winter.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely mosaic, This Conservatory looks like a spot I'd enjoy - especially seeing fresh blooms in mid-winter... heaven!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.