Monday, March 23, 2015

Card Club - March - Vellum Greeting

I started with a digital greeting from Bird's Cards. I changed the greeting then laid out a few and color printed them on vellum.  I was quick so I was able to cover them with clear embossing powder and heat them.  Really happy with the results.  I cut a Stampin Up Top Note from handmade paper then another from colored paper.  I matched the 1.75 inch circle behind the greeting with the same paper.  The vellum was cut with Spellbinder Smooth Circle Nestabilities. I cut the colored Top Note in half crosswise and trimmed the bumps off the right and left hand side one the cut I just made.  I offset the color Top Note behind the handmade paper one.  I wrapped baker's twine/thread around the bottom half, knotted it and trimmed the ends.  This layer was then adhered to the grey card front.  I layered the colored circle, the vellum greeting on the top half of the Top Note and created a hole in the middle of the rose with a push pin.  Pushed the brad through and spread the prongs apart on the inside of the card.  I created birthday, thinking of you, and sympathy greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.