Thursday, March 26, 2015

Watercolor & Vellum HB

I started with an ombre background made on watercolor paper, Stampin Up More Mustard Watercolor Wonder Crayon and an Aqua Painter brush. I selected a Night of Navy card.  I stamped my images on vellum in hopes of not losing too much of my ombre background.  The You're Amazing Happy Birthday and the flowers from the In the Spotlight stamp set were stamped in NofN and clear embossed. I find I'm using my heat gun more, now that it is always plugged in and near at hand.  The greeting was just trimmed straight and adhered to the WC background on the left hand side. I layered a strip of So Saffron card stock over the watercolor paper edge on the left. The flowers were punched with the Five Petal punch and adhered to the card front with Zots.

 I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:







 

City Crafters Challenge - 254 Go Ombre
Darnell is the guest designer this month.

12 comments:

  1. omygosh, what a great card. such a nice job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful design, Sylvia! I love your soft ombre coloring against that navy and your idea to stamp the sediment and flowers on vellum was genius. It's beautiful! Thank you so much for playing in the City Crafter challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Slyvia! I love Stampin UP rubber stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Sylvia. Those vellum flowers are just perfect to allow the ombre background to peek through. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never think to use vellum. I like how you've used it here, like you said, so as not to completely hide the background. Nicely done overall! Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the images on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful take on our theme; I especially love that sentiment. Great take on that sketch too! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ombre background is beautifully subtle Sylvia. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Sylvia! I love your ombre background and the use of our sketch :)
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of the sketch and a lovely CAS card, really like your colour combo of ombré and grey. Thanks for playing along at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.