Friday, March 20, 2015

Card - Christmas Ornament

I found this tutorial for the Bokeh technique with Stampin Up products. I tried it but I fear I have not be very successful. I made the background with watercolor paper and Brilliant Blue, Pacific Point, Brocade Blue re-inkers and Whisper White craft ink.  I trimmed it to leave a small border of the Not Quite Navy card.  I cut the ornament with the SU Ornament Keepsakes frame-lits. I added a strip of Silver Glimmer paper on the left hand side. I cut a bow with the Tim Holtz Bunny die from the same paper. I cut a narrow strip of the silver paper and mounted it onto a narrow strip of NQN card stock. I mounted a circle of vellum and a Martha Stewart snowflake punch in the centre of the ornament.  I added stitching around the vellum circle with a silver pen and also added markings on the hanger and the bottom tip. I mounted the ornament to the card front wit 3D foam tape.  I added texture to the background with SU Itty Bitty Background stamps in NQN.

I'm submitting the card to the following challenges:
Sparkles Christmas Challenges - Inspiration Photo - blue and silver ornaments.
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges - Stitching 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Lovely background. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your BG came out gorgeous, even if it wasn't as you planned! Thanks for playing along with us at Holly Jolly!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Love the background technique.
    Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.