Monday, March 30, 2015

Mosaic Monday - Canada Geese Story

Here's a few pics from my walk this morning.  I was up with the birds you might say.  I can see that the river is starting to break up and it will soon be flowing freely.  Magpies are one of the only birds here that are familar with people so they don't scatter like the others.  Happy with this shot.  Crab apples from last year dangling against the clear blue sky.  These last for shots of the Canada tell a story.  I heard them before I saw them.  The first quickly landed on the roof of the building but the other made several turns around the area.  The second picture you can barely see it through trees as it makes still another fly by.  Once it had committed to the roof they greeted each other.  Then they sat on the roof surveying the neighborhood.  Are they planning to settle in?  Who knows.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely images and mosiac! The Magpies are handsome birds. The river scene is pretty.. Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the blues in your collage. It's nice to see the ice melting in that river and all the Canada Geese return. We haven't seen either here yet. :) Thanks for visiting. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, We do have gorgeous blues skies in Alberta. Sylvia

      Delete
  3. It's always nice to have a pleasant view on a walk and watch the birds. I hope the geese don't leave their usual dropping behind on the roof, they sure can make a mess. They tend to congregate on the local high school football field and I'm sure that's not appreciated. :-)
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, I expect the birds were on a scouting mission looking for a nesting site. Yes, they leave a mess. Sylvia

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.