Monday, March 27, 2017

Card Club - March - Bird on a Branch

I started with a ginger colored card which coordinated with the rusty color in the designer paper.  The designer paper is by Authentique - Collection Hope - Adorn.  I cut it to 3 x 5.5 inches and ripped the top half in off making sure not to leave a white ripped edge. I trimmed it slightly and adhered it to the bottom of the card front.
I cut the Bird Branch by Tim Holtz from kraft card stock.  I then cut just the bird from blue card stock.  I applied Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Gathered Twigs onto the branch to give me some variation in color on the branch.  I glued the branch to the card front and trimmed it to the edge of the card.  I trimmed the bird die cut to ensure I only had legs and adhered him directly over the kraft colored one.  I used a push pin to make a hole for the eye and placed the tiny brad and pressed the prongs apart inside.
Option: A greeting could be added to the right of the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.