Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Floating Balloons Card

I made this accent for photography project earlier this week.  You can check my Flickr photo stream for more info.  It reminded me of the movie UP.

Now, I could make a card out of it.

The original element was created with 10 balloons made with the Martha Stewart punch.  I chose red, yellow and blue.  I attached them to a quarter sheet of vellum.  The central yellow balloon has red spatters on it.  The first 7 balloons were attached directly to the vellum and the last 3 were adhered with 3D foam tape.  I attached white thread strings to several of them. 

For the card I trimmed the vellum down to about 3 inches wide to allow more of the sky card stock to show.  I placed adhesive behind the balloons.  I chose a Stampin Up Decorative Label greeting in a blue matching the balloons.  This was adhered with 3D foam tape to the card front with the middle points aligned along the edge of the vellum.  I placed some adhesive for the vellum where it would be hidden by the greeting.   This is off to one of my card exchange buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.