Friday, March 31, 2017

Christmas Bethlehem - Starry Night

I purchased some of this gold starry white card stock this week and I wanted to know if it would work for some of my Bethlehem cards.  I trimmed it to 4 x 5.25 inches and adhered it to a purple card.
The vellum layer is a graphic of a wood cutting pattern which I altered by coloring it purple then adjusting the fill to provide variations in color from deep to lighter.  I added my own Bethlehem star graphic and printed that on a quarter sheet of vellum. I then coated it with clear embossing powder and heated it.  I found a greeting in my stash (Stampin Up Apothecary Framelit die cut with a SU stamped in purple) which was adhered to the vellum with 3D foam tape to the right side.  I placed some double sided tape behind the greeting and the town graphic and adhered it to the starry background.  I then added a tiny gold brad in the center of my star for a bit extra texture and some good holding together of the layers.  I think this paper makes an effective starry night for my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.