Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Enjoy a Cup of Tea


I started by watercoloring a warm brown muted background on white card stock.  I cut it with the Sizzix Squares Thinlits.  I rubbed the edges with a Versamark ink pad and dipped it in gold embossing powder and heated it which gave me a nice rough frame.

I then cut the frame with the Lil Inkers Instant Camera thin die.  I added some water color wash to it which was similar to the background.  I stamped the sentiment with a small clear stamp and gold embossed it as well.

I cut the tea cup with the Cricut and the Joy of the Season cartridge.  I cut it at 1.5 inches from Authentique 12x12 paper - Hope Collection - "Adorn" using the polka dot side.  I then rubbed it with the Versamark ink pad as well to allow me to repeat the gold embossing one more time.

I chose a warm brown card and I embossed the front with the Stampin Up Polka Dot Textured Impression folder. This allowed me to repeat the dots.  I adhered the watercolor background at an angle, added the frame evenly spaced on card then applied the tea cup with 3D foam tape in the center.

I'm joining the Coffee Loving Cardmakers - Design Team Case link party.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, love your colors, polkadots cup and frame on this card. Super cute. Great take on the CASEing DT Challenge. Thanks a latte for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.