Friday, March 31, 2017

Tea for Two

I started with the sentiment which I had printed and embossed when I made my other tea card.

I chose to make it a Stampin Up card so I decided on Night of Navy, Old Olive as a color scheme. The sentiment is printed in Old Olive and is from the Tea Shoppe Stamp Set. It was clear embossed on the vellum.
I created a piece of background paper with the Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Crushed Olive mostly and a bit of Mustard Seed.
I cut a piece of Kiwi Kiss card stock into a large banner and adhered that to the front of a Night of Navy card. Then I trimmed the back ground paper and the vellum to leave small even borders on each of those.
I printed a cup from the Tea Shoppe Stamp set on Whisper White and fussy cut around the image with scissors and an exacto knife.  I adhered it above the sentiment with 3D foam tape.  I then placed double sided tape behind the cup and adhered the vellum to the background paper.  Now, I adhered the background layer to the Kiwi Kiss banner.
I measured the center and a point on each side which I punched out the side ones with a 1/8 inch hole punch. I cut a length of Night of Navy Tafetta Ribbon and tied it in a knot above the cup.

Submitting to the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Spring Blog Hop

11 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.