Thursday, March 2, 2017

One Thousdand Gifts - Session 2 - Grace in the Moment

This is week two in this bible study - One Thousand Gifts - A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp.  I look forward to a time of slowing down, being intentional, checking my attitude and increasing my gratefulness. The video is very well done with wonderful images. There was good attendance.

Session 2 - Grace in the Moment
This week Ann talked about accepting the hard things along with the easy things in life with the same open hand.
Thanksgiving for all that come provides grace in the hard moments.

She talks of a friend who could not think of a single advantage of always being in a hurry but many regrets to many broken and missed moments due to haste.

Live in the moment where time slows and God is present and you are paying it your full attention.

Habits can free you!

Those who keep a gratitude journals experience.
1.  Absence of stress
2. Progress toward personal goals
3. Higher levels of determination and energy
4. Feel closer in their relationships
5. Increase their happiness by 25%


I want some of that!  How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, I enjoyed reading the ook a few years ago. I have to always remind myself to live in the moment! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good discussion indeed. It is in our nature to only want good things, but it is through the hard things that we truly grow. Without the hard we would never appreciate the good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.