Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Christmas Card Challenge - Ornament Silver

The challenge for March is Ornament and Silver.

I chose to use my recent purchase again. I cut the Penny Black Creative Die 51-254 Manger from black card stock.  I cut a circle from sparkly paper with a Spellbinder Nestabilities Smooth Round from the small set.  I cut an ornament with the Sizzix Ornament #2 from the same black card stock. I assembled the ornament by gluing the sparkly paper onto the ornament then attaching the manger die cut with a pewter star brad.

I printed the greeting layer onto warm grey card stock then trimmed close to the border.  I then adhered the ornament to that layer aligning it with the branch.  I cut a length of silver cord, made a bow and adhered it to the ornament hanger. I trimmed the ends with scissors.

I placed 2 lengths of silver glitter washi tape onto the black card front aligning them near the top and bottom. The greeting layer was then adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.  I think I will try a couple with cooler grey card stock.

I made a couple with the same non shed silver glitter paper and the manger scene shows up much better on those.   Those also have the cooler toned card stock greeting layer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.