Monday, March 20, 2017

Mosaic Monday - Visit to Garden Center

I visited the large garden center yesterday.  I generally only visit at Christmas time when it is totally decked out for the season.  It was very windy yesterday wo it was nice to photograph flowers that were sitting pretty.

There were a large variety of pots for house plants and outside patios.

There were some 3 feet tall and very decorator in color and finish.  There was a variety of materials: pottery, plastic, glass, ceramic and wood.

I thought these were bright and colorful.  Together as a group they are quite overwhelming but spread across a space they would likely do the trick.  I thought the colors where quite retro.

They have a wide variety of decor items featuring a number of materials including resin, glass, papermache, and metal.

This was a small angel in a cream color.  It had a wash applied to highlight it's lovely features.  It was maybe 4 inches tall so could easily be tucked into a corner of almost any space.

Great in the house or the garden.







The model train was set up in the central area.  It is the same one I saw at the Conservatory a while back.  It must take a lot of work and time to set up the pieces in new venues.

I've just finished viewing a series of railroad promos done in the first half of the 20th century telling of their history in North America.  It was very interesting.





I was surprised to see the amount of art and paintings available at the center. It's not fine art mostly but very nice pieces which would look good in a living as well as in a 3 season room.

This piece of art was huge, probably 4 feet square and very lovely.  As you can see there is a reflection so some parts of it were a bit shiny.  I love the texture in the petals and the monochromatic color scheme.



Of course, there was lots of plants for sale. The orchids were gorgeous, ranunculus in many colors as well as rhododendrons in very pretty colors.

I enjoyed my visit and will be back as the seed rack was full and I will want some herbs again this year on the balcony.

Sharing with Maggie at Normandy Life who hosts Mosaic Monday #32.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia,
    I love to mooch around garden centres and plant nurseries in the spring they always seem bursting with new ideas of what to grow and how to brighten up our lives both inside and out.
    I almost bought some pansies last week but decided it was too late in the season for them, I'll have to remember to buy them earlier next year!
    Thanks for joining Mosaic Monday with your garden centre lovelies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the renonculus, these flowers have so many dense petals, they look like pompoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your visit was very colorful and full of variety! I can see why you'd plan to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bright colors in the pots! And that little angel is very sweet. I need to find a small one to put next to my bathtub. I have lots of room on one side. Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garden centers are fun places to visit as they often have garden-inspired decor items and fun things. Lots of colour is a good thing to see at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.