Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Watercolor Flora Card

This card is for one of my card exchange buddies.

I started with a left over from making samples for my Art Card Stack Class which is coming up soon.
I decided to watercolor this card with the Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  I used a water brush to apply the color.  I used Garden Green, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy. I used Not Quite Navy to add spatters to the element.  It was cut to 3 7/8 inches square.

I added a length of Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon on the left hand side of the card front and taped the ends to the inside.

I stamped the greeting in Cherry Cobbler with the Itty Bitty Banner Stamp set the die cut it with the Bitty Banner Framelit set.  I mounted it to the right of the ribbon with 3D foam tape.


I used a water brush to paint the color onto my card element.  I applied a bit of color to a clear stamp mount with the crayon then painted from there.  In my opinion, this is the best way of doing.  You can You can collect the color directly from the crayon onto the brush which works okay if you want a bit more intense color. Applying the color directly with the crayon to your paper puts too much color, makes it too dark and it has very fat end for coloring. 
I bought the crayons second hand and I see that I got some colors from the Rich Regals set and some from the Earth Elements set.  I am very happy with the color selection.  These will last me my life time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.