Thursday, March 30, 2017

Share Your Cup #242 - This week

This was tea this afternoon. 
I sliced a Granny Smith green apple and included a couple oatmeal cookies.

I made some of my original favorite Chai tea which was Rooibos Chai Tea from Tea Desire.  A bit of honey and some cream. Delicious. 

I served it in a new cup.  I love big mugs but the
jumbo yellow ones I have had for years were getting too much so I was looking to come down in size a bit.  This is the second smaller one to join the row above the tea cabinet. Designed by Laurie Gates from California.  I researched the mug and found the collection had 6 bright colors but I got the color I wanted, yellow!

I found some of the blue and white tea related items Margie mentioned a while back.

I found the tea towel was too much of a turquoise color so I left it but I brought the Primose Hill napkins.  At 13 inches they would like be considered dinner napkins. 

They worked really well with my Chelsea Garden tea cup and dessert plate set. I love the scallop edge and the small flower pattern.  They will go well with several of my blue and white dishes.




I met my aunt at a sewing store yesterday as she was picking up a piece for her machine.  I had not been there before and expected they would have fabric. Not really, it is a machine store with sewing, embroidery and serger machines.  I was a bit early so I browsed around. There was thread, needles, notions, feet, stabilizer, a bit of fabric and a clearance section. 

This is where I found these gorgeous espresso colored large sewing machine bobbins.  The are 1 inch in diameter and 3/8" tall.  The lady asked if I knew they would fit my machine.  I said no I don't have a machine I have a camera.  These will be great for photography props!! The are for an industrial single needle sewing machine.

This is a sweet little book that came my way this week. 

It has many ways to do something for others. Those who are hurting, struggling, in need of practical help or spiritual help, those we live with or near - our family.

Some of the chapters are Friendship, Affirmation, Forgiveness, Comfort, Celebration, and Tradition.  It includes several nice recipes, gift ideas, and traditions. 

One she mentions is setting aside time after school for her children, to talk, be together and have a snack.  This led to many wonderful conversations and the college girls still like to have time with Mom at 3:00 pm when they visit.

I made this card for a large blog hop being hosted by Coffee Loving Cardmakers.  They have a few per year and this one is the Spring one.  All the cards have to be coffee, tea or cocoa related.  It is a lot of fun and the links are nearing 1000. 

You can find the details about my card here.

The blog hop here.

I am sharing this post with
Jann at Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson who hosts Share Your Cup #242

Bernideen at Friends Sharing Tea

Ruth at Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. What a cheery mug! I'm glad you found the Primrose Hill items at your local Michael's. At my last visit, they were marked 60% off, but I managed to resist! Your "Cup of Thanks" card is very cute. Now I'm off to visit the cardmarker blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia, your yellow mug has a happy appearance...perfect for your chai tea, Granny Smith apples, and oatmeal cookies! The book would make nice gifts for friends! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heads up of tea related goodies...just wish we had some of the shps around here! Love your blue and white...my favorite! The napkins are perfect!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sylvia:
    What a lovely Chelsea pattern of transferware. I have seen this before and it is lovely.
    Thanks for sharing and linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylvia, I love the new mug. So bright and cheery! The card you made is so cute and the book sounds like a really good read. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.