Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Cup of Thanks

I started with the cup.  I cut it with the Cricut and the Joy of the Season cartridge.  I chose some bright spring paper and cut the cup at 2.25 inches.  I added a narrow strip of blue card stock along the top and bottom of the cup.  I added 3 tiny yellow handmade paper flowers along the blue held in place with 2 tiny brads. The sentiment layer was created with a greeting from the Stampin up Tea Shoppe digital set.  Printed in Island Indigo and clear embossed.  The banner is 2.75 wide and 4.25 tall.  The tail was cut by hand.  The cup was adhered to the vellum with 3D foam tape.  The watercolor background was created by smooshing 3 colors of Tim Holtz Distress stains onto a waterproof mat. I used Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers.  I spritz the ink and then laid my glossy white card stock into it to capture the color.  Once dry, the layer was cut to 3.75 wide by 5 inches tall.  It is adhered to a card of Bazzil textured card stock in a bright warm yellow.
Submitting to the Coffee Loving Cardmakers 2017 Spring Blog Hop.
This card is number 885.

15 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful spring tea cup, Sylvia! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This screams spring. Love that sweet cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable spring card. Love your fun cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Sylvia. I'm a fan of sweet tea cups. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing background and awesome colors.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spring colors, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Spring card! Beautiful background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty spring card! Love that background and how you embellished the cups.

    Thanks also for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful coffee cup design and gorgeous spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love this card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful decorated cup on a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.