Monday, June 3, 2024

Art Show - Senior Show - Watercolors

A bit of a different theme to my pieces for the Senior Show this year.  I usually submit photography but with a very short time line I decided to do some abstract watercolors.  

I taped down several pieces of 140lb watercolor paper to plastic boards and just applied color from my small watercolor palette.  I wanted quite a few so I could choose the best when it came to framing.

These dried over night and were completely flat when they were released from their tape the next day.


Title: Early Morning Light

Size: 11.00 x 14.00 inches

Medium: Watercolor

Mat: 11x14 Cream Double with 2 openings

Frame: 11x14 Metal Silver Brushed

The pieces were cut from one large piece to ensure that the lines in the pieces continued to flow across to the other opening.  Makes me think of sun over water.  I like that the right one is more blue than the left one.


 Title: Incoming Storm

Size: 8.25 x 10.25 inches

Medium: Watercolor

Mat: 8x10 White Archival Mat with smaller opening

Frame: 8x10 Metal Medium Grey wider profile

This piece with the very dark blue on top made me think of dark storm clouds.  The lines down on the left make me think of falling rain.  The red ground could be PEI or Arizona.



Title: Plum Hues

Size: 13.00 x 11.00 inches

Medium: Watercolor

Mat: 13x11 White Archival Single with 8x10 opening

Frame: Metal 13x11 Rose Gold / Copper 

This one is quite abstract.  It could be flowers and leaves.  The plum color matched the frame very well.  I like the way the colors mingled and created some darker hues in areas.

These have been submitted to the Senior Art Show being hosted by the Allied Arts Council at the Spruce Grove Gallery.  The reception will be held Saturday June 8th at 1pm.  If you can join us that would be wonderful.  There are over 60 entries in this show there is bound to be pieces for everyone.  
Come and enjoy the art and meet some of our artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.