Thursday, June 13, 2024

Cards - All Occasion - Gold Decorative Paper

 I found a sheet of this decorative paper at the ReUse Center a while back. I have used it as a background for photography but now it had to be used.

I recognized that almost any card color would work with it so then it was to decide embellishments.  

I need cards for my card box.

I chose SU Soft Sky A2 card base. I ripped a piece of the paper and adhered it to card front with ds tape and some glue stick. 

I cut a label with one of the labels from the Chalk Talk die set which included the small oval hole die.

I chose a gold ribbon to go across the bottom so I had to use the SU Slot punch to make a hole in the fold to allow the ribbon to go through.  Once pulled across I taped the ends to the inside of the card.

I cut a star from the gold decorative paper and adhered it to the label.  The insert had to be adjusted a bit to allow for the slot in the fold.  I used the slot punch again.  A half sheet insert and a white envelope.

For this card I chose a red A2 card base and again ripped a piece of the gold decorative paper to fit the card front.  I use double sided tape and glue stick to ensure adhesion.

I wrapped a piece of gold grosgrain ribbon across the front and taped the ends to the inside.  

I cut a heart with one of Sizzix Hearts thinlit die set.  I embossed it with the D'vine Swirl folder.  I mounted it over the paper and ribbon with 3D foam tape.

A half sheet insert and white envelope and an another card in the box.




This card has a SU Crushed Curry textured card stock base in the A2 size. 

I ripped a piece of the decorative paper for the card front and used DS tape and glue stick to stick it to the front.

I added a length of So Saffron rick rack along the left side and taped the ends to the inside.

I chose a SU Really Rust and So Saffron quarter sheet pieces of card stock and ran them through the Big Shot with the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die.   Then I choose the alternating sized flowers and layered them.  I did embossed the 3rd one with the Swiss Dots folder. I added a gold round sequin on to the gold mini brad which holds all the layers to the card front.   I added a half sheet insert and white envelope.

I chose a SU So Saffron A2 card base for this card. 

I ripped a piece of the gold decorative paper and adhered to the card front. 

I ran a length of So Saffron rick rack along the top edge of the card and taped the ends to the inside. 

I cut a star from SU Daffodil Delight card stock with the SU Star thinlit dies and glued a gold star sequin onto it with a Bling Zot.  Then this accent was adhered tot he card front with 3D foam tape.

A half sheet insert and white envelope and I had a set of 4 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.