Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Card - Slow Stitch - Pink & Brown Stripes

With my challenge slow stitch project finished for this week I needed another.

I just dipped into my stash of scraps and chose coordinating strips of fabric.

I started with the print and added solids that matched. I hand stitched them in the quilt as you go fashion onto a foundation cloth. Once I was done I trimmed the piece to 4x6 inches. I stitched a brown seam binding all the way around. 

I placed it onto a SU Regal Rose A7 card base and stitch it in the 4 corners. I added the button and the double butterfly accent with stitches as well.  

The butterfly accent was created with the Sizzix Wingged Beauties die set for the brown and Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the pink in the same color as the card base.  I added a white insert and white envelope. 

Unfortunately, the card box does not handle these bigger cards so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.