Friday, June 21, 2024

Laundry Closet Update

Now that the Laundry Center was installed I was excited to get the shelving back in and get its stuff that has lived in the living room since May 4th.  This is the shelf that the old dryer sat on for a very long time. I added the 2 shelves I had removed from above the old washer into this unit.  I added the cross bar now that there was not another unit to support it. Now will it fit?  I only realized after I had the shelving unit in that I should run the washer and dryer to ensure there are no leaks.  Fortunately, no leaks!  So I carried on with the rest of the job.

I knew that the green tape on the floor indicated that the shelf was suppose to fit. The extension cord for the light had to be plug in before the shelf when in. It was a perfect fit!  I guess the time invested in planning paid off.  With the built in space at the back of the closet - the dryer vent, the electric plug 240V, and the extension cord in the 100V outlet all fit comfortably. The unit only uses the 240V plug.

















The closet doors were hung back up on May 14th but had been sitting to one side because the old washing machine was sitting in the hall because of it leaking water.  The rails in which the closet doors slide had large headed screws which made it difficult to slide the doors back in place.  I purchased some lower profile head screws and replaced those to make life easier the next time the doors need to be moved.  I do need a stool to see to the bottom of the dryer so I will borrow the one from the kitchen.

Putting the pretty things back in! I put the Trofast organizer, the front hall mirror that my Mom made for me and art on the photo shelf above.   Now the front hall feels back to normal.

The dryer door just clears the closet doors.  It is close but it works!

The fact that the laundry center only uses the 240V outlet meant I could plug in a light for the closet.  Before I had to use the front hall closet to light the space.

I put in a bright pink extension cord in the 100V outlet before the shelves went in.  I zipped tied it to the shelf standard so it will keep the cord off the floor and easily accessible.

I purchased a light fixture at the thrift store which I could secure with screws to the shelf.  I replaced the light bulb with a small compact fluorescent which does not get hot.

With the short goose neck the light easily moves from the shelf side to the laundry center side.  Like it was made to sit the situation. Means I don't have to have the front hall light on as often. 

The pop crates were part of the storage solution in the previous laundry closet set up.  Now I had to reconfigure things to work with new set up.

I gained 2 shelves where the dryer sat before.  All the necessary contents were returned to the closet.

*Laundry Supplies - detergent & dryer balls
*Bathroom Supplies - TP, Kleenex, towels and facecloths, 
*Paint Supplies - brushes, rollers, trays, paint cans, drop cloths
*Planting supplies - gloves, small pots, plant food, etc.
*Electrical Supplies - light bulbs, extension cords 
*Plasticware - casserole carriers, popcorn bowls, Tupperware trays, etc.
*Soda water

The bathroom supplies are much closer at hand than before, the casserole carriers are up high because I don't use them often.

Hand towel hangs on dryer with suction cup hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.