Saturday, June 8, 2024

Sylvia's Simple Shots

The flowers in the flower beds and gardens around the neighborhood are looking good.

The zinnias from the park, the lilacs from the other park, alium in the front yard of a neighbor and the poppy from another.  I am so grateful to have flowers to photograph. I have not even been to the community garden yet.

There is no slowing down ahead.



The Beachcomber by Josephine Cox is the book I finished this week.

In the summer of 1952 two people arrive in the pretty seaside hamlet of West Bay, Dorset to start a new life.

Kathy Wilson has come to rebuild her life in the cottage she has inherited.  Having lost a husband,being in another bad relationship, and seeing the truth about her mother and sister she has moved to the seaside.  The cottage needs work but she is up for it.

Tom Arnold, an architect in a large firm in London has been adrift since the tragedy.  He decides he needs a new start away from the city and the memories. 

Over the summer Kathy leans on Jasper who had been left to care for the cottage when her father left, she gets to know Tom as he wanders the beach, and comes to know the truth about cottage and her father.

One of my best finds at the ReUse Center.

A Solo Classic from Cross fountain pen manufacturer.  It is 30 years old but like brand new.  It was often given as recognition gifts in the 1990s.  My research supports the idea that many of these were never used. It came with the converter to be filled from a bottle of ink so I will purchase some.

After some research, I decided to buy this Parker blue ink which I hope may be some what permanent versus the washable which certainly is not.

Looking forward to using this pen in art and writing.

I spent a few hours with my aunt in her cold garage as the rain came down most of the day which dampened the attendance to this event.  Too bad. 

Some of my sisters were at the quilting retreat.

I headed off the reception of the Senior Show in the afternoon.

Look at that bright and shiny chrome P-Trap under the bathroom sink.  This is a result of having the plumber in today to snake the drain because of very a slow draining sink.

He did find iron chips in the drain a couple of floors down and resolved the issue after get out the big guns of a snake. Everything was reassembled and he indicated all was good.  He headed off and I started to clean the cabinet. 

Already there was a puddle so I chased him down and asked that he return to see what was up.  Upon closer inspection the ring attaching the trap to the back drain just fell apart.  That means a new part so he was off to the nearby supply store.  Back in 15 min he installed this shiny new thing and then after some careful checking to ensure no leaks he made his exit for the second time that day.  

It has been good since.  There is a plan to refurbish this space.

We also had a plumbing inspection done today but thanks to the work I had done last March there were very few recommendations. Isolation valves on the taps under this sink were recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.