Saturday, June 29, 2024

Sewing Project - Linen Napkins

I've decided to use cloth napkins instead of paper. I had bought flannel a few days ago for this.  

When I pulled the stuff out to make them I went What?  I am hoarding linen so why am I not using that. 

I pulled out the linen I dyed last year June 22,2023 with my sister.  It was meant to be a table runner but there is plenty.  I just ripped off a strip and started.  The gold is fabric I made a gift for my niece last year.

I made 6 napkins - three navy and three gold.

I made them small.  I started with a 13.75 inch square turned over a .5 inch hem.  I created mitered corners.  I followed this video.

I finally got the idea and the last few went really well.  


Here's the pile of paper napkins I am sending off to the ReUse Center.

I just had to rip the bandaid off because I thought - maybe I should save a few for photographing tablescapes and just said NO!

I have just way too much stuff and it has to go.

I do have a bit of a stash of cloth napkins which I am sure will accommodate any shots I will be taking in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.