Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Cards - Christmas - Snowflake

I need to make more Christmas cards.

I browse my designer paper and chose this 1 sheet from the Season of Cheer DSP set by Stampin Up. I believe this is mistletoe.

The color in this set is Mossy Meadow but I had Always Artichoke instead, also Soft Sky as card bases in the A2 size. 

 I added a length of Mellow Moss seam binding topped with Cool Caribbean narrow rick rack with all ends taped the the back of the designer paper. It was then adhered to the card front.

For the snowflake I punched a MS Snowflake and a Stampin Up one and layered them. I added a large white sequin in the center all held in place with a tiny blue brad.  This was adhered to the card front with a medium Zot.

I added 3 white sequins adhered with Bling Zots. A seasonal insert with a white envelope completes it.

The next card is a DSP Split where I cut the one piece at 3.5 inches and flipped the small piece over and tape them back together.  I taped it to the front of a Soft Sky card base.

I then punched a border with the Stampin Up Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch in the same Soft Sky card stock.  It was adhered over the join in the DSP.

I found a large oval greeting with a color to match and adhered it over the border punch with 3D tape.







For this card I adhered the designer paper cut to 4.00 x 5.25 inches to the front of an Always Artichoke card base.

I added a strip of light blue across the card and trimmed the ends.

I added a snowflake accent make with the Martha Stewart large snowflake punch in 2 colors - white and blue.  All held with a tiny silver star brad with a silver sequin.

I added a greeting with a Word Window greeting in a similar blue color and mounted to a Modern Label punch in a similar green color.




This card is the opposite coloring to number 2.

Always Artichoke card base with a DSP Split piece of designer paper from the Season of Cheer set.

I used a border punchie in green this time to match with the card base.

I again chose a large oval greeting held in place with 3D foam tape.

A seasonal sentiment on a white insert and a white envelope.




A mirror copy of number 3 card with the alternate combination of colors.

This is Soft Sky card base with the same snowflake accent.

The greeting again is the same with the colors swapped.

A seasonal insert and white envelope.

Press overnight to ensure the tape sticks well

Great to have a few more cards in the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.