Friday, June 21, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 025 - Bundle Book UnWrap and Stitching



 I unearthed my bundle book this week and added some stitching to the pieces.

The bottom right hand corner is the stitching I did before putting it in the ground.  I seperated the pages so I could make a square.  I added some golden fabric in the top right hand corner and a strip on the left.

The top left hand corner is a piece of the jute string I wrapped the bundle with. I added the word free in the circled created with the string.  

I chose to put a circle and heart in the right hand corner with stitching.

On the bottom left hand corner I chose to just leave the beautiful pattern created during its under earth experience with just a few French Knots on the corners.

See the unwrapping process below.


1) The first picture is the bundle just after it came out of the dirt. 

2) The jute string and the pine cone, wire and pine needles removed.

3) The bundle has been soaked in baking soda for 30 minutes then washed with soap made by my Mom.

4) The book which has now dried overnight.  Ready for stitching.

This was a very interesting process.  I ensured my bundle was watered regularly as it was not far from home.

The jute string was quite affected but there were no holes in the fabric.  Wonderful colors though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.