Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Cards - All Occasion - Block Print Paper

I found this Indian Block Print Handmade Paper at the ReUse Center recently and loved it.  I knew that it would work with Stampin Up cardstock colors wonderfully.  The piece was about 9x12 inches so just a few cards.

I chose Baja Breeze and Ruby Red for the card bases in the A2 quarter sheet size.

I cut the decorative paper to leave just a small border.  

I chose a strip of matching card stock to go across the card and then a white scallop circle, with a grey coordinating smooth circle, a bird accent made with the Stampin Up Bird Builder Punch. I added a bit of black which helps to ground the design. A bit stitching around the circle with a fine black marker.

Quarter sheet insert and a white envelope and it is ready to go.

The next layout I used a daisy flower punch which I did one in each color. Then a smaller one in black.  A large white sequin and a coordinating mini brad to hold things together.

I added a strip of white card stock across the landscape card and glued it to the decorative paper leaving the ends hang over. 

I used a push pin to create a hole in each of the layers and mounted the flower accent through to the decorative paper.  Then adhered the whole layer to the card front.

I added black stitching to the white strip with a fine tip marker.

Added a quarter sheet insert and a white envelope.

This card has a Ruby Red card base with a layer of decorative paper adhered with double sided tape.

I created the bird accent with the above mentioned punch in the 3 colors.

With a marker I added the eye and lines to the beak and the stitching around the grey circle.

The accent was then adhered to the card front with double sided tape. 

A white quarter sheet insert and white envelope to finish things off.




Another flower accent card with the alternate color combo from the first one.

The daisy punch accent was assembled the same way with a coordinating warm red mini brad.

A fine black marker for the stitching and the flower adhered to the decorative paper.

This entire layer was then adhered to the landscape card front.

White insert and envelope.  These are now pressing under books overnight to allowing the glue to take a good hold.

I am almost ready to liquidate my designer paper as I very rarely use it and I could use the space for something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.