Sunday, June 9, 2024

Home Upgrades - Bathroom Vanity

Plumber was in last week to fix a slow draining bathroom sink.  That is a brand spanking new shiny P-Trap which was installed as the ring on the old one just broke off when it was handled to be put back together.

The vanity needed to be cleaned and once I got in there I decided that it could do with a paint job. I don't like the brown wall on the left hand side. Yes, that is my poor drywall repair when a previous plumber came in made a hole and never returned to repair it. The bottom of the cabinet is just particle board and has had wetness issues which I inherited.

I decided to paint the inside of the cabinet.

I dug out a partial small can of Bulls Eye 123 Primer.  There was just enough to do this small job.  

I have used this great product with very good success.  This is leftover from painting the vanity doors.

With that brown wall and the fact that the drywall repair had not been painted and the bottom being damaged I thought it could use a good coat of sealer.








It was much brigther in there after the primer was on.

The brown wall is streaky but that will be covered when the paint goes on.

I let it dry 4  hours before I put the coat of paint on it.





This the paint I have been using for all the work done in my place.

It is a warm white and very good paint.  Covers well and costs a pretty penny but worth it.



























This looks so much better.  It is all sealed, it is white and is all nice a clean.  I let this dry for 4 hours.

Love it!

I put the isolation valve covers back on and marked the hot and cold.

I was ready to put everything back in the cabinet and have my place back again.

There have been so many times where I regular life has been disrupted.  

The majority of the laundry room is still in the living room.

With flooring to be done this summer there will be plenty more.

Well that was a full days work but it looks wonderful.

I am very grateful to have some of my energy back so I can tackle some of these projects even if it is not on my time line.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.