Saturday, June 22, 2024

Sylvia's Simple Shots

My sister and I were treated to lunch by her children along with celebrating Father's day for each of the 3 families.  My sister's birthday treat is sponge cake with strawberries and whipped cream and mine was ice cream bars.  I used to get ice cream cake but that is just too much sugar these days.

I prepared lunch for my sister and brother-in-law was they were in town for shopping and helping me get the laundry room ready with a dryer vent connector.

I roasted chicken along with veggie salad and T&T Organic Mixed Thai Rice.

There was fresh strawberries and Greek yogurt for dessert.

Then the work began. The connector was installed and the room was ready to paint.

I was up early and put a coat of primer on the wood around the dryer vent connector.

A couple hours later I painted the second half of the laundry room now that the dryer and wood shelving unit had been removed.

The green tape is to make where the shelving unit ends so that laundry center is placed to ensure that the unit can go back into the closet.

I am grateful that there is still paint from when I bought 2 years ago so that went well.

I did paint the other half while the washer was out of the closet.

While shopping for improvements to the laundry closet I found a pair of black jeans to for a great price.

The picture on the left is the mending I did on the left knee to my regular pair of jeans. With my slow stitch experience I was more comfortable just getting it done.

There have been several repairs to these jeans so it was time for a better pair.
And all this preparation and waiting has finally resulted in the arrival of the new laundry center.  Yeah!

The other set was over 20 years old and it had not been happy about being moved in early May for building leak repair work.

It was moved out on May 6th and was finally returned to the laundry closet on a very temporary basis May 31st.

I am a believer in signs so I heeded the one I got and ordered a replacement.  It was 20 day wait for it to arrive and be delivered.

I spent a lot of time measuring, going to appliance stores, researching details on line. Plugs, drain hoses, drain stacks, and more.  Thank goodness for the amount information available on line these days as there was not a physical example in store for me to see, measure to help in the decision making process.

The laundry closet is back together but that will be a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.