Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 023 - Crazy Patch Work

Week 23 of the Slow Stitching  Challenge on K3N Cloth Tales Channel. @k3n.clothtales

This week's prompt is Crazy Patch Work.  This will be a 2 week challenge where we will create out patchwork piece in week one and then embellish it in week two.

I started with the grapes fabric in the center and chose solid fabric contained in the print. Pink, tan, orange, yellow, purple and gold.

I chose to enclose all my raw edges. Wonky angles is good.  The 3 top pieces were my last and it took a while to work out now to get the fabrics to the edge. I stitched all the way around as well but I see that I stitched it from the back so my long stitches are on the front.  That's okay they will be hidden with I applique it to my squares.

I was very happy to find I own one of the books Kathryn recommended for Crazy Patch Work stitches. 

Earlier this year I was on the hunt for embroidery stitch books because digital does not work as well for me. The seniors rummage sale this spring I found 3 books.  

Elegant Stitches by Judith Baker Montano was one of them.  Kathryn pointed out that there is a crazy patch work section.  I will have to study the stitch and practice to be ready to embellish this piece next week.

I will curate embellishments too! Lace? Buttons? Seqins? Yarn?  Who knows what will fit into the color scheme I have chosen.

I hope I have good floss colors as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.