Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 026 - Quilt as you Go (QAYG) Hexagons and Applique Dots

 Another week with Kathryn at K3N Cloth Tales and her slow stitch challenge.

Week 26 - half way point in the challenge and the year.  The prompt this week is inspired by the QAYG Hexagon at Marion's World and the Applique Dots by Jeri Bellini.

I made my hexagon almost 5 inches across at the widest because I am putting them on quilt squares.

I found the pink fabrics in my stash pretty fast but I had to dig for the dark grey cotton fabric to match the leaves in the printed fabric.

I chose the Fly Stitch with white embroidery floss to go around my circle.  I added a layer of natural batting.  I then placed this onto my dark grey hexagon and folded over the edge over once then onto the front of the printed one.  I pinned each side and but a blind stitch to attach the backer to the front.  I let it sit over night and this morning I decided to add French Knots on the polka dot circle in dark grey floss.   This came together very easily.    If I make another I may applique a flower in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.