Sunday, June 16, 2024

Slow Stitching - Kite Coaster

I made this coaster for my sister who is celebrating a birthday.  

She likes to fly kites so I decided to put one on this coaster.

I cut a 4x4 inch foundation fabric. I cut my blue sky piece and then my felt pieces for the hills in green.  I cut a cloud. These pieces were basted to the foundation layer. Then stitched with a running stitch and a coordinating embroidery floss.

I cut a piece of interfacing for the kite and then cut the 4 colored quadrants and stitched them onto it. Once complete I stitched it to the coaster and added the kite tail. 

I chose a white felt for the back, white embroidery floss and the blanket stitch to hold the front and back layers together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.